Friday, September 12, 2014

Psalm 40


This chapter is tailor made to my issues.  Verse 2 is all about what God does for me and through me.  He drew me up from the pit of destruction, set my feet on a rock, making my steps secure - is what he is doing for me.  Then, the effect of His work on those around me - He put a new song in my heart.  Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord.  This is wonderful.
Then in verse 10 it talks about secrets.  My normal understanding of secrets is to hide what I don't want others to know.  Here, it is quite different - I have not hidden Your deliverance.  I have not concealed your stead fast love.  However, it is likely that the best revelation of God's goodness would be in the context of my failure, so that does get into the elements of hiding.  This ties in the the idea of vulnerability which is prominent in the Brene Brown material that I have been reading.

Daily report
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your favorite Bookmarking service:
Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble Facebook Twitter
YOUR ADSENSE CODE GOES HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My Photo
Solar 4 All of Us
View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

| Lighthouse © 2009. All Rights Reserved | Template Style by My Blogger Tricks .com | Design by Brian Gardner | Back To Top |