Sunday, September 7, 2014

Psalm 37



Two passages stood out in this chapter.

11 But the meek shall inherit the land
and delight themselves in abundant peace.

I have been reading and thinking about humility.  Pride is exhibited in secret keeping and combated with vulnerability.  This Psalm reinforces one of the principles I understand from my early reading of Brene Brown - wholehearted living is supported by willing vulnerability.  The delight of abundant peace is a great prospect and a byproduct of this humility process.


23 The steps of a man are established by the Lord,
when he delights in his way;
24 though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong,
for the Lord upholds his hand.

Verse 23 is confusing.  It seems that the more likely interpretation is that the man delights in the way of the Lord.  But it might also be the Lord delighting in the way of the man.  In any case, it is a clear direction to allow God to have control of my steps if I want to be established.  Then, failures are not devastating because the Lord upholds my hand.  I don't know what that means either, but it has to be a supernatural support system of some kind.

Daily report

Reflections on the day:

Started reading Brene Brown.  Really good stuff about vulnerability and wholehearted living.  Went into Eastsound and walked the streets, took pictures and had lunch at Lower Tavern since Outlook Inn was closed (they only do breakfast and dinner).  Very relaxing day.  No memories of any dreams.


Kindly Bookmark this Post using your favorite Bookmarking service:
Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble Facebook Twitter
YOUR ADSENSE CODE GOES HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My Photo
Solar 4 All of Us
View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

| Lighthouse © 2009. All Rights Reserved | Template Style by My Blogger Tricks .com | Design by Brian Gardner | Back To Top |