Monday, September 18, 2017

Psalm 18


In my reading of Psalm 18 this morning I was struck by the many ways that David describes what God is to him in the first two verses (strength, rock, fortress, deliverer, God, rock, shield, horn of my salvation and stronghold).  Just like yesterdays Psalm, there is great security in recognizing the resources that He provides.

Psalm 18:1-3 (ESV)
 I love you, O LORD, my strength.
2  The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. 


This next verse, together with verse 46 (in King James) comprise an old scripture song the I like.

3  I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
46  The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted. 

Psalm 18:19 (ESV) 
19  He brought me out into a broad place; he rescued me, because he delighted in me. 



Verse 19 turned my thoughts to the place that I have in His heart.  This is beyond my comprehension but true anyway.  How is it possible that He delights in lowly me?




Kindly Bookmark this Post using your favorite Bookmarking service:
Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble Facebook Twitter
YOUR ADSENSE CODE GOES HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My Photo
Solar 4 All of Us
View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

| Lighthouse © 2009. All Rights Reserved | Template Style by My Blogger Tricks .com | Design by Brian Gardner | Back To Top |