Thursday, November 6, 2014

Psalm 55


I identify with verse 6 in my preference for isolation.
Oh that I had wings like a dove.  I would fly away and be at rest.

This is only part of the picture and has more to do with retreat and recovery from struggle - not avoidance, which is the source of my desire for isolation.

Verse 18 describes the battle and His involvement:
He redeems my soul in safety from the battle that I wage, for many are arrayed against me.

Verse 22 assures me of security:
Cast your burdens on the Lord and He will sustain you.  He will never permit the righteous to be moved.
I don't like to move, but my sense is driven by passivity - not stability.  They are very different.  I need to avoid fooling myself by thinking that they are similar.
Kindly Bookmark this Post using your favorite Bookmarking service:
Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble Facebook Twitter
YOUR ADSENSE CODE GOES HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My Photo
Solar 4 All of Us
View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

| Lighthouse © 2009. All Rights Reserved | Template Style by My Blogger Tricks .com | Design by Brian Gardner | Back To Top |