Friday, November 23, 2018

2018-11-23 Thanksgiving


Our church hosts a Thanksgiving service each year.  It a great time of worship and reflection.  The speaker this year brought our attention to Genesis 3 - the serpent in the garden.  The point (drawn from Ann Voskamp - One Thousand Gifts) was that the primary sin in this scene was ungratefulness.  The corollary lesson is that a principle spiritual discipline needs to be gratefulness.  This is something that resonates with me.  I agree with him in that my tendency is to focus on challenges (things that I want to be better in myself and in the world around me).  It is a much better pattern to focus on good things.  Philippians 4:8 comes to mind.

Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Kindly Bookmark this Post using your favorite Bookmarking service:
Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble Facebook Twitter
YOUR ADSENSE CODE GOES HERE

1 comments:

JoDeigh on November 24, 2018 at 10:51 PM said...

Nicely worded Thanksgiving reflections, Dear Ron.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts. May God continue to bless you with His messages.

Post a Comment

 

About Me

My Photo
Solar 4 All of Us
View my complete profile

Recent Posts

Recent Comments

| Lighthouse © 2009. All Rights Reserved | Template Style by My Blogger Tricks .com | Design by Brian Gardner | Back To Top |